Friday, September 24, 2010

lesson in patience

I am not a patient person. Motherhood taught me just about an ounce and I still struggle with the virtue. I can be patient the first time, but on the second and third, my fuse bursts.

For me, stupidity is not an option much less a pathetic excuse. Everyday life is no rocket science, doesn't need a brilliant mind. All you have to do is read instructions and be considerate of somebody's own space and time.

But I guess God has His smart way of outsmarting me. Or to phrase it positively, open my eyes.
Just yesterday, a virtual stranger and nobody told me: "Kapag ganon, huwag ka nang magalit,
turuan mo na lang."

*dumbfounded me* Okay.

Who does he think he is? What does he know?

I couldn't shoot back. He's a decidedly kind person and for the life of me I was catatonic-speechless.

That's rare. Hit a nerve. Unbelievable. Me and my heart of stone.

This morning, I had a test of patience with my daughter. I was calling her and she suddenly
opted to be deaf. Grrrrr.

I failed the test but had this realization. Will strive to do better in my patience barometer.

So help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment