Sunday, October 10, 2010

still mom's baby


in every way.

fascinatingly I watch
as she..

traipse and sing like a princess,
run and get giddy in new places.

she is a child in every way.




awed I whisper thanks as she...

pause to look at some ducks
opine that eating ducks sucks.

still a child in every way.

not encumbered by angst.
haven't grown some fangs.

yes, a child in possible ways.


sweet fairy as can be,
she is mom's bubbly baby.

every bit a child in many ways.

kaney, may God's grace always guide you.
to lose not the amazing and appreciative child in you.

please stay a child in every way.

yet with no delusions I know
that reality is no fashion show.

it can be harsh, judgmental.
might hurt your heart in style so mental.



dear kaney,
you cannot afford to be a child that way.

I pray to be there when you need me.
blow your awwchie like you were three.

let me be there to wipe your tears.
hand you a hankie and aid fight your fears.

may I live long to teach you to be strong
to respect and love yourself and be whole

may I be ready then, god,
to accept and nurture the coming years

may I be ready, please,
                                           to let go and allow her to spread her wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment