I feel that this would be a series, peppered almost everyday as I am with funny, thought-provoking one liners from my son who was born a motor mouth. daughter is another story.
last saturday, as bas labored on his project using the image movie maker (they were taught this in grade v and me an adult can hardly make the program's head and tail, I tried once):
B : I am tired, how is that possible?
Mom : bas, you're a mere mortal.
B : what, I'm a demi-god (start of our usual good-natured banter).
Mom : no, you're not. you're a mortal, lowest of the mortals (exaggerating. gotta pull him back to earth, you see).
B: a demi-god.
Mom: mortal, bottom of the pyramid.
B: ok, how can the pyramid stand without the bottom?
I hate you, son. :)
we were laughing to death afterwards.
but it got me thinking.
more than its scientific truth, its meaning resonates more loudly in social terms.
it's no laughing matter at all.
hopefully, with bsa's daang matuwid and our collective participation,
the pyramid equalizes somehow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment