Monday, August 2, 2010

the link

a friend emailed me a link to her blog today.

we've often talked about blogging but neither one has taken it seriously.
until she did late last year. and me, well, just today haha!

the entry was an account of her daily travails with her househelp which lead to the last straw this morning. she can be kind and forgiving, my friend. she has her reasons.

there is no need for us to be updating each other through blog actually.
as it is, we've been texting and calling each other almost everyday for, wait, five years.
wow five. from mundane, random happenings to office-related issues,
to ones' heartaches, daily budgeting and same concern for a "wayward" friend.
there definitely were lots of laughter along the way.
but largely, it is motherhood that bonded us.

now since she emailed me the url to her blog, I scrambled to remember my account and password.
suddenly I found myself wanting to breathe some oxygen into this baby. we'll be exchanging
links! what big step!

a big step totally since I am sagittarian and is an extremely private person by nature. I've long debated creating a blog for which purpose - to monetize (which meant opening myself up to the big online world with its own consequence and rules) or strictly as a private journal (a venue to destress, depressurize, express thoughts).

for one who works in an environment where the latest in communications technology spells the bottom line, I do recognize the explosion of social media in the last two years and what a force to reckon with it has become.

as time wears on, I might just find my inhibitions dissolving. my space, my blog, as they say.
I may have to edit and obssessively check myself along the way, pray that I don't publish with emotions full. I know I can dictate the tempo and create my own rules as I deem appropriate.
Must.not.forget.to have fun. Write my love letters to my two charming cubs.

I welcome me under the mink sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment